Approaches for Engaging and Empowering Young People
This course equips practitioners with practical skills that will help them to raise self-awareness, build motivation and self-esteem, break free from unhelpful behavioural patterns and encourage young people to take responsibility for their actions and choices. The most successful aspects from a range of approaches are to be integrated to provide insights of immediate practical use.
- Techniques in building confidence, self-awareness and motivation
- Understanding how habits are formed and how they can be broken
- How to encourage a proactive attitude and eliminate blame
- Understanding the power of thoughts
- Conflict resolution skills, reflective listening and effective communication skills
- Assertiveness and empowerment techniques
Who is this event for?
This course is for all practitioners that work directly with young people including youth workers, key workers, residential support workers and those within education, social care and youth justice.
Wednesday 17th July 2019
Soapbox Youth Centre, London EC1V 9HX
09.30am - 4.30pm
£100 including booking fees and VAT. Early Bird tickets are available at £85. Start time 10.00. Finish time 16.00. The course consists of power points, audio visual resources, group discussions and activities. All places must be booked through the online booking system using a debit or credit card. Invoices can also be requested online.