Coaching and Mentoring Young People
Mentoring can be a valuable part of preventative work and evidence suggests that it can have positive impacts if it is delivered in the right way to the right young people. This course provides an introduction into best practice approaches for planning, implementing and evaluating effective mentoring programs.
- What is mentoring?
- Planning your mentoring provision
- Mentoring for high-risk young people
- Peer mentoring and peer-group interventions
- Reflective listening and effective communication skills
- Relationship building
- Resilience, boundaries, assertiveness
- Conflict resolution
- Empowerment techniques
- Policies and Procedures
- Reporting and recording information
- Monitoring impact and delivery
Who is this event for?
This course is for those interested in becoming mentors, peer mentors, specialist mentors and wish to enhance their skills around coaching and supporting young people.
Thursday 18th July 2019
Soapbox Youth Centre, London EC1V 9HX
09.30am - 4.30pm
£100 including booking fees and VAT. Early Bird tickets are available at £85. Start time 10.00. Finish time 16.00. The course consists of power points, audio visual resources, group discussions and activities. All places must be booked through the online booking system using a debit or credit card. Invoices can also be requested online.